Been a while since I did one of these:
Hello. I'm moving between making analogue / physical games, to digital games.
I want to become a self-sustaining, one-person, calm and compassionate gamedev studio that makes games they want to play.
Ex-Designer, ex-FE Developer, Sort of Musician. Does not work well with authority.
Listening to Fatima Mansions tonight then.
AAAAND that's just reminded me that I have to update the playlist section on my website.
Somewhere in there is to listen to damn fine music.
tutor in commercial practices at WdKA, art academy in Rotterdam, Netherlands
The job description is quite generic, but here is a list of relevant topics/subjects that are relevant to this position:
-art and design practices in relation to degrowth and collapsology
- system thinking and ecological economics applied to art and design practices
- alternative (micro)economic systems/models in art/design/publishing
- collaboration, cooperation and collective practices within microenterprise and coop
- (post-)free and open source software, hardware, and licensing
- resilient and less extractive computer technology and networked infrastructure
- creative design with extreme material, carbon and energy constraints
- collective care, work and labour ethics in the creative industries
- transition, circularity and beyond, gambiarra and repair culture (engagement and critique)
- multi-, trans-, and cross-disciplinary projects beyond the cultural sector
May 2022 Progress report is now live.
Getting really annoying to have to keep track of macro events affecting my life year after year instead of just being able to live a normal peaceful life.
slower computers, please
I'm a computer guy, but I'm very much over fast computers. Most of your computer's resources are wasted loading ads and trackers on webpages. Video games require more and more power to deliver less interesting experiences. Don't get me started on cryptocurrency. Computers are getting increasingly complex, therefore less reliable, nearly impossible to repair, wasteful, and devastating to the environment. We need #slowcomputers and more #retrocomputing
I'm not here to work 40 hours a week to increase the GDP of the country or increase stock prices.
I'm here to spend nights staring at the 100 billion stars of the Milky Way. I'm here to watch thunderstorms unleash their majestic power. I'm here to watch sunsets and sunrises. I'm here to feel the cool breeze on a summer's day. I'm here to learn and to understand. I'm here as a way for the universe to contemplate itself.
Setting up a small gamedev studio • Fuelled by good music and damn fine coffee
I want to become a self-reliant, one-person, calm and compassionate gamedev studio that makes games they want to play.
Does not work well with authority.
#nobot • 🏳️⚧️✊🏿💚🌍🏳️🌈